Basis of Costs
Austins provides their bespoke legal services at competitive prices, including fixed fees and bundled services.
Our clients range from individuals, to auction houses, brokers and local authorities..
- RT @amnesty: The right to peaceful protest and organize is a basic human right. Retweet these tips to stay safe. https://t.co/kxg8sPANE6 #N…
- RT @lovelyyy_lina: My psychology teacher gave us this paper on how to cope with stress and thought I'd share it 😊 https://t.co/tqNIZRiMzM
- RT @MySOdotCom: RT @ShawnUpchurch: "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ~ Albert Einstein #leadership
- RT @2morrowknight: 47 years ago, #software engineer Margaret Hamilton saved the Apollo 11 moon landing from aborting https://t.co/1MsdMRjAW…
- WWII Veteran Eileen Younghusband, Who Helped Stop Hitler's Rockets, Has Died - Sky News https://t.co/qXRLu3r9Fk
Although taxes are one of life’s certainties the amount payable isn’t.
Our clients had drafted similar wills leaving their Inheritance tax allowance (IHT nil rate band) on trust for their family not each other. Since then the law had changed but they lacked mental capacity to change their wills.
Wills can be amended with consent of all affected beneficiaries up to two years after the will writer’s death.
£130,000 Inheritance Tax saving
Lease extensions vary vastly. Some leases are virtual freeholds at 999 years others just an additional 99 years.
The cost of obtaining them covers a broad spectrum too. National Trust properties have their own particular rules and regulations.
So an extension was available but not the purchase of the freehold because it is trust property.
The lease was granted and increased the value of their home.
An extension of fifty years was granted with only a nominal payment for the extension. Our clients were more secure and could undertake further improvements to enhance the property.