Basis of Costs
Austins provides their bespoke legal services at competitive prices, including fixed fees and bundled services.
Our clients range from individuals, to auction houses, brokers and local authorities..
- RT @Bluebird_PA: All our thoughts are with the people of #Manchester. https://t.co/qv2tUNoTY2
- @lbc #lbc #conflict #manchester yesterday we heard every conflict ends in a conversation Really?! After yesterday more likely or less likely
- @lbc #lbc do they want us not to be home owners but just rent
- RT @ExitBrexit: Seen in soho. #StrongAndStableMyArse #StrongAndStable #TheresaMay #GeneralElection2017 https://t.co/psjUpXqCiK
- RT @LabourEoin: That moment. When an attempted smear job falls.... Flat. On. Its. Arse. https://t.co/voKzbYseqv
Although taxes are one of life’s certainties the amount payable isn’t.
Our clients had drafted similar wills leaving their Inheritance tax allowance (IHT nil rate band) on trust for their family not each other. Since then the law had changed but they lacked mental capacity to change their wills.
Wills can be amended with consent of all affected beneficiaries up to two years after the will writer’s death.
£130,000 Inheritance Tax saving
Lease extensions vary vastly. Some leases are virtual freeholds at 999 years others just an additional 99 years.
The cost of obtaining them covers a broad spectrum too. National Trust properties have their own particular rules and regulations.
So an extension was available but not the purchase of the freehold because it is trust property.
The lease was granted and increased the value of their home.
An extension of fifty years was granted with only a nominal payment for the extension. Our clients were more secure and could undertake further improvements to enhance the property.